Thursday 7:00 - 10:00 P.M.
$5 per evening. Free for first-time players.
Game Boards, Tiles, and Racks
Please bring a deluxe Scrabble board and tiles if you have them. Click here to print your own scoresheets. We have a few items available for purchase including custom made deluxe Scrabble boards. Check out links for information on purchasing other Scrabble paraphernalia.
The Official Tournament and Club and Word List is the NSA’s official word source for words of two to nine letters and is what we use at the club.
Information For Players New To Competitive Scrabble
We recommend that you come at least 15 minutes early so that we can go over the basic mechanics of a competitive Scrabble game, including use of the game clock and adjudicating challenges.
To make your first experience less intimidating, we provide the following advantages to new players:
- Use of the Cheat Sheet for tournament players during play.
- Free challenges: you will not be penalized if you challenge an opponent's play and the play proves to be acceptable.
- No overtime penalty (normally 10 points/minute) if you take more than 25 minutes to make all of your plays.
If, at any time, you have a questions about rules or procedures, don't hesitate to ask for an explanation.
Here are some useful resources for new players:
- Newcomers' Handout, by longtime tournament director Mary Rhoades.
- A summary of the basic rules and procedures, created by the Seattle Scrabble Club.
For more information on the club, contact
miriam at rainbowltd dot ca
vancouverscrabble at gmail dot com
Please send any questions or comments regarding this web site to vancouverscrabble at gmail dot com